- Warm some brandy in the microwave; about an eggcupful for ten or fifteen seconds should be sufficient.
- Pour the brandy over the pudding; as it hits the pudding, apply a source of ignition, such as a match.
- As the eggcup full of brandy ignites, shake the hand holding it involuntarily.
- To add to the spilled and flaming brandy now surrounding the pudding, attempt to extinguish the eggcup by blowing sharply on it. If done correctly, your hand should now be flaming nicely. Don't worry, the alcohol evaporates faster than your skin can burn.
- Extinguish the flames on the countertop, your hand, the eggcup, and the floor as you see fit.
cooking for blokes, Christmas Edition
Q. How can I tell if my potatoes are cooked? A. Lift a potato from the pot with a fork and make to transfer it to a plate. If the potato slides off,…
A sure-fire way to check if those eggs in the back of the fridge are fresh or not: fumble the entire carton as you're taking it off the shelf, and…
TWICE tonight... well, the first one was a misread scrolling ticker on Sky News at the gym, wherein I briefly wondered why they were reporting on…